In view of the need of the Arab region in general and Syria in particular for centers of research and studies in the fields of agriculture and rural development, the areas of work of the center have been defined in line with the requirements of economic and social development in Syria and the rest of the Arab countries.
1- To carry out research as well as technical, economic, and social studies.
This research aims at studying the technical and economic obstacles faced by residents and institutions of the studied area, as well as identifying all obstacles and their causes, and developing the proposals and programs necessary to address these problems. The Center conducts its research and studies while adhering to the laws of the designated area, as well as following the following guidelines :
A – Analysis of the current status of the available economic and human resources as a means of investment. Then we proceed to place them in the service of local communities and the national economy. The analysis process includes diagnosis of the following:
- Methods of investment of natural resources.
- Regulations and laws in force and their effects on production efficiency.
- Economic policies and productivity.
- The role of different bodies in directing the production process
B- Analyze the possibilities for improving the performance of institutions and agricultural projects. Define the various elements regarding production capacities and their contribution to the development process as well as identifying alternatives.
C- Preparation of physical programs for development, taking into consideration all the requirements of its achievement, the most important of which are:
- Increasing productive capacities of available resources while preserving them and the environment.
- Raising the intellectual and physical capacities of human resources and drawing up implementation programs.
- Identify appropriate technical formulas to increase the productivity of production elements.
- The choice of possible new technologies and their applicability.
- Develop appropriate plans for monitoring and evaluation in order to monitor the implementation and investment of development processes.
- To develop appropriate forms of coordination and integration between all activities of the agricultural sector on the one hand and between the other sectors on the other.
2- Preparing technical and economic feasibility studies for agricultural and development projects.
The Center implements technical and economic feasibility studies for various agricultural, industrial, commercial and service projects according to the latest methods. The Center relies on teams of experts in all fields for the implementation of these studies. We do this in order to reach the best decision possible.
The Center follows these steps in implementing these studies:
- Comprehensive monitoring of the production of studied goods and the quantification of their quantities and specifications and the prices that are popular by quality and periods of production. And estimate the cases of species rivalry within the project area and in neighboring markets and other available markets
- To oversee the development strategy adopted by the state and supporting bodies within regions of the country. Also to set the expected prospects for the development of production by all sectors and the reflection on future market situations.
- To determine the different services and facilities provided by the State and international bodies to the project area, and to assess the amount of interest that is reflected in the production, manufacturing and marketing aspects.
- Identify the personal and scientific qualifications of all project agents and develop a system that provides incentives for employees to develop their work productivity. And that’s what saves the project a safety factor and allows it to compete by lowering production costs.
- Objectivity in estimating costs and returns for the accuracy of decisions to be taken
3- Technical representation of the organizations, and companies working in the agricultural and irrigation sector:
Due to the development witnessed by the Arab countries in general and Syria in particular on the use of modern technologies in agriculture, and the desire of foreign companies and institutions to provide their expertise and the results of their experiences to the Arab countries, the need for the center stands out in giving expertise to companies, institutions and organizations Working in the agricultural sector to identify the technologies that these agencies deal with and the benefits of their investment in the Arab countries, and to be a technical link between the companies producing the technologies and the investors of these technologies.
Due to the technical and administrative expertise of the Center’s experts and their strong relations with the agricultural sector in Syria and other Arab countries, the Center is considered the best representative of the foreign companies, institutions and organizations wishing to provide their expertise in Syrian and Arab agriculture.
In addition to the above, the Center is well prepared for the activities that Arab and foreign organizations wish to implement in Syria and others, whether these activities are sectoral studies or projects or conferences, seminars, courses or exhibitions of their products. The Center can implement all stages related to preparation And implementation for each activity
4- In-depth analysis of the technical and economic performance of institutions, bodies and projects
The analysis of the level of performance of agricultural enterprises and institutions has become especially important, given that this analysis has a positive effect on identifying problems and obstacles and addressing the errors experienced by these entities, thus ensuring that the negative impacts on production are identified and addressed.
In view of the importance of monitoring and proper analysis of the performance of institutions, bodies and projects, the Center has introduced this activity within its mission to provide these services through its distinguished experts, following a specific methodology which is summarized as follows:
A – Study the objectives of the institutions, companies and projects designated in accordance with its statute and its founding contract and determine the extent of achievement of these matters
B- Examining the technical and administrative work in the concerned body, including the units and sections, identifying the obstacles and presenting the necessary proposals to improve their management
The methodology of work in this area can be summarized as follows:
• Examine the performance of the administrative, technical and service apparatus, and determine how to develop the production and investment plans and the decision-making mechanism, with a precise description of the qualifications of the elements working in the project in each step and at each level, and the actions taken to qualify and train elements
• Determine the human, physical and natural resources available and the mechanism of investment, and the current state
• Production requirements used by each year, source of access and specifications, method and period of insurance each.
• The technological map for the production of each crop including specifying the type and size of agricultural services provided for the production of each crop, and the date of each operation.
• Product specifications and production costs.
• The situation of markets at the disposal sites of the project products and the prevailing prices by time periods
• Annual environmental factors during the work of the project and its reflections on production and methods of overcoming them.
• Changes in the quality and specifications of production requirements and procedures taken by the project management to deal with new varieties.
• Review the status of supply and demand for the project products and competing products and specifications and prices
C – Analysis of the inventory results of the items in the previous paragraph according to modern methods (mathematical analysis using computer), and draw conclusions with the identification of the role of all factors involved in the production process.
Extracting the results and identifying the causes and obstacles
– Selection of formulas and programs to improve the performance of the project from the administrative, technical and economic aspects.
D- Develop physical and time programs to improve project performance.
5- Preparation of economic, social development plans and strategies:
In recognition of the importance of preparing development plans and strategies, the Center works with a number of development experts in the Arab world to provide its services to the beneficiaries at the level of the project, the region and the state by adopting the latest and most accurate methods of drawing development plans.
A) Conducting a careful evaluation of the previous development plans and identifying positive and negative aspects in their preparation and implementation.
(B) Identifying the factors that cause the success and failure of development programs (human, environmental, financial, public policies, external factors …)
C- To limit the current resources (natural, financial, human), determine their characteristics and assess the roles they can perform according to several alternatives.
(D) Identifying the technical, economic and social priorities of the development strategy, with an emphasis on assessing the positive and negative aspects, both local and external, that may affect the implementation processes.
C) Preparation of development programs and defining roles among the elements of production as well as the role of the general policies that accompany the implementation of the plans (technical services, reduction of production costs, regulation of local markets and simplification of external market entry procedures, prices, financing,
(H) Developing monitoring, monitoring and evaluation programs that accompany the implementation of the strategy of economic and social development.
Providing consultancy to companies and agencies engaged in agriculture
6 - Supervising the implementation of projects and the development of solutions to the difficulties
The implementation of the project constitutes a complementary step to the studies, which is one of the most important workshops. The implementation is accompanied by new conditions that were not considered by the study, which requires solutions during the implementation stages. It is one of the workshops. With a good degree of experience in all the work that is done, and to stand carefully and reflect on every note and small and the development of real solutions to them and the proper supervision of implementation provides the project factors of success if it was in accordance with the standards that work Center, which is thus :
• Examine the study of the project and make sure that it takes all factors into account.
• Determine the type and size of the work required to implement the project and determine the scientific qualifications and self-implementation of the entities, and to ensure their ability to carry out the required work.
• Preparation of integrated programs to control the completion of the work so that the supervisor looks at the immediate and direct to all the work carried out.
• Develop the necessary mechanism to develop solutions to possible difficulties encountered during implementation.
• Prepare periodic reports on the level of implementation and the extent to which the implementing agency is able to meet its obligations
7- Providing various technical and economic consultations:
The various technical expertise plays a prominent role in the success or failure of the projects, and the qualified experts offer advice in this field, which is the appropriate treatment for immunization of the projects and the development of their work. The participants are in general, and their contribution is highlighted by the experts cooperating in various disciplines, and provides consultation within a modern scientific mechanism based on
A – Diagnosis of the current situation and its technical, economic and social repercussions.
(B) To determine the causes and factors of their appearance accurately and through comprehensive field surveys.
Develop appropriate solutions for treatment, taking into account the capacity to implement.
(D) Develop a timetable for implementation and a monitoring system that will guide the business as planned
8- Conducting studies and designing designs for irrigation projects:
Irrigation water is the main contributor to agricultural development, especially in the Arab region due to the lack of available water resources. Therefore, it is necessary to study the best ways to make full use of the available water and rationalize its use while preserving its continuity and despite the efforts of many countries There is still a lot to be done in this area. The Center therefore cooperates with Arab experts to provide the greatest economic return for irrigation water both at the project level and in the various water resources. Only for irrigation, but rather by addressing the subject holistically and accuracy at the same time, and it focuses on the study of irrigation on the following
A) Accurate inventory of water resources, identification of their sources, specifications and annual renewal, and their variation during the seasons.
B – Identification of the best techniques to deliver the largest proportion of irrigation water to the root area of plants, depending on the different irrigation methods for each type of plants.
C) Integrated treatment to reduce the water loss of water from the rational investment of the water resource to the transfer of water to the field and to the implementation of irrigation operations.
Studying all the environmental factors affecting the operation of irrigation water supply to plants according to the appropriate technical solutions.
C) Give importance to identifying the least water-used crop varieties by determining the best economic return alone for irrigation water at the site or project
9 - Preparation of studies necessary to develop the marketing of various agricultural products:
Marketing completes the production process and the title of its continuity. Market research is the first and basic step for the establishment of productive projects (especially in the production of production according to the system of the market mechanism). Therefore, in order to succeed the project must pay attention to the marketing aspect and according to the latest methods.
The Center includes among its experts a group of experts in the field of marketing and follow the latest methods to conduct marketing studies and summarizes the methodology of their work as follows
A thorough survey of the markets and in particular of the markets to be hoped for.
· Estimate the quantities of goods offered and their monthly distribution.
· Technical specifications of the offered items.
· Changes in the marketing of target commodities.
· Prices and changes during the seasons.
· Suppliers of the market and their ability to develop their production and competition.
· Estimated future supply and demand for the watch based on expected vertical and horizontal development.
· Estimate the change of consumers’ tastes towards commodities.
(B) The existing marketing functions of the target goods and alternative commodities, including:
· Methods of harvesting and transport to wholesale centers.
· Sorting, sorting, packaging and packing.
· Storage and cooling (with storage capacity determined in the area)
· Manufacturing and manufacturing product specifications and costs.
Production costs of the target goods (fresh – stocked – and manufactured).
(D) The mechanism of selection of markets, their access and the state of supply of goods.
C) Pricing method based on the state of the competing goods and the method of dealing with the recipients of goods
10- Preparation of studies related to the establishment of agricultural industrial complexes:
Many agricultural enterprises and projects are working to establish commercial agricultural industrial parks with the aim of achieving a set of goals, the most important of which are:
· Maximize economic returns from the project.
· Reducing the intermediate rings between the product and the consumer, and the cost of his work often increases the cost of the material sold in the production land.
· Simplifying coordination and coordination between the agricultural and industrial activities.
· To facilitate the development of infrastructure and social and cultural services for the people of the region.
· Providing job opportunities and stability in production sites.
Due to the great success achieved by most of these complexes in different locations, the encouragement of their establishment is important. The Center’s contribution to this is mainly in providing accurate studies that represent a correct starting point for these complexes, as well as supervision of implementation. next:
A) A comprehensive and accurate survey of markets for the disposal of agricultural products in its original and manufactured form,
· Market locations and supply and demand situations.
· Specifications of the products and their sources.
· Prices and the method of wholesale and half the wholesale and retail.
· Estimates of growth in production and consumption and changing consumer habits.
· Development programs and projects planned and estimated in the compound area.
Study of the infrastructure in the proposed site for the establishment of the complex including:
· The roads linking the agricultural production sites and the manufacturing center, between the center and the drainage markets, with the most remote and available modes of transportation and wages.
· The state of agricultural production elements (soil, water, normal and technical labor, etc.)
· Water needed for industrial activity and human consumption, and the assessment of the possibility of their availability and costs of availability, as well as energy sources and the cost of providing them at the agricultural and industrial production sites.
· Social status in the region (family, culture, technical abilities, customs, traditions, etc.)
· Environmental factors and their impact on agricultural and industrial production.
· Qualification and training requirements to improve labor productivity.
C) To determine the production capacity of the complex, both agricultural and industrial, depending on:
· Available agricultural resources and productive capacities.
· Agricultural courses and crop structures that allow optimal investment of resources while preserving them.
· The technological map for the production of agricultural commodities for the complex.
· The production capacity of the industrial complex taking into consideration the economic operation of the plant by relying on the raw material from the complex and from outside.
· Optimize all available resources in the community.
Technical aspects of agricultural and industrial production.
(C) The financial and economic aspects of agricultural and industrial production.
(H) Marketing of agricultural and industrial products, including:
· Mechanism and requirements for product delivery to markets.
. Prices and mechanism of identification.
. Supply and demand estimates for labor products, with other factors influencing the supply of goods
11- Developing scientific programs to follow up the implementation of investment projects:
Many institutions and projects fail to achieve the goals set for them despite the accuracy of the study prepared during its establishment.
This is mainly due to the enterprise or project management system, and the failure of the project to achieve its objectives (after employing its funds) is considered a very difficult situation.
In order to address this situation, the Arab Region Center provides its services to rescue the project and replace the situation it had through:
A) Evaluate the internal rules of the work of the project or institution and identify the weaknesses in it.
(B) To evaluate the mechanism in which the employees exercise their functions and to determine the method of decision-making and the mechanism of implementation.
Evaluating the scientific and personal qualifications of the employees in the various administrative bodies of the project.
Studying the external influences on the performance of the project.
C- Preparing a new internal system that defines the mechanism of work and how to implement the tasks for the various employees in order to ensure the performance and shorten the time in execution.
Identify the functions and powers of all the working bodies at different levels and develop the scientific and personal qualifications of all employees.
Preparation of a program to monitor the performance of the work through which to quickly detect and correct the weaknesses before the spread of error
12. Limiting available resources and determining the best form of investment:
Natural and human resources constitute most of the components of production processes, and their ability to give a package is suitable to provide suitable conditions for their investment. And collaborates with top natural resource experts in the Arab world and who have contributed to extensive studies in the field of resource investment at the national and Qatari levels.
The services provided by the center are summarized in the inventory of the human and economic resources of the studied sites as follows:
(A) To determine and determine the demographic situation of the population of the site in order to determine the economic situation of the segments of society, the sources of income and the manner in which they are employed, and the cultural situation of the population and the bodies that contribute to the provision of different services to them.
B – The exact classification of the soil on the site and the specification of each of them based on the latest international standards in this area.
C) To draw the necessary topographic plans and in proportion to the objective of the investment operations, in order to determine the cost of land reclamation and facilities.
(D) Identify the available water resources and the renewable volume annually, and the water specifications and investment method to achieve the best economic returns.
C- Monitoring all environmental factors and determining their different effects on the production processes, and the best ways to avoid the negative effects.
(H) Inventory of other natural resources, such as water communities, plants and natural trees, specifying their specifications and the possibility of benefiting from their products.
Formulation of scientific formulas and programs to develop the utilization of all resources vertically and horizontally, taking into account the impact of all factors affecting development programs